Applied Mental Health Nursing Practice Report Sample
Mental Health Nursing, MSc Mental Health Care Studies.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the link between collaborative assessment, formulation and person-centred care planning, based upon biopsychosocial stress vulnerability paradigms, and how these inform the choice of suitable biopsychosocial approaches and interventions. Platforms 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7
- Critically evaluate the evidence and policy base underpinning biopsychosocial approaches and interventions related to mental health nursing practice and use this information to develop strategies for addressing any difficulties that may arise in the application of these interventions. Platforms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Demonstrate initiative and originality in the application of evidence-based models used to deliver collaborative, formulation driven, recovery orientated and culturally sensitive biopsychosocial interventions for people with mental health problems. Platforms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 i.e by using future nursing proficiencies
- Use clinical supervision to discuss and debate their role as a mental health nurse working in interprofessional contexts and critically reflect on the impact of this on service users; carers; services; other professionals and the general public. Platforms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Compare and contrast knowledge of the ideologically constructed norms and structures of health, illness, disability, recovery and self-actualisation with the lived experience of people with mental health problems. Platforms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Bailey, D. (2012) Interdisciplinary working in mental health. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Blows, W.T. (2016) The Biological Basis of Mental Health. 3rd edn, London: Routledge.
Eliot, S. (2013) 21st Century Global Mental Health. Boston: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Hale, B. (2017) Mental Health Law. London: Sweet & Maxwell
Hallam, R. (2018) Abolishing the Concept of Mental Illness: Rethinking the Nature of our Woes. Abingdon: Routledge.
Morris, G. (2017) The Lived Experience in Mental Health. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
Mutsatsa, S. (2017) Medicines Management in Mental Health Nursing. London: Sage Learning Matters.
Trenoweth, S (2017) Promoting Recovery in Mental Health Nursing. London: Sage Learning Matters.
Trenoweth, S. and Moone, N. (2017) Psychosocial Assessment in Mental Health. London: Sage.
Walker, S. (2015) Psychosocial Interventions in Mental Health Nursing. London: SAGE Learning Matters