Criminal Law Report Sample
Law, Law and Practice.
- Examine the main underlying features of the criminal justice system in England and Wales and the rules relating to public funding of advice and representation in criminal matters;
- Critically evaluate all the stages, and applicable law, of a criminal prosecution in the courts in England and Wales;
- Apply the Criminal Procedure Rules to a complex factual scenario including the special rules relating to juveniles;
- Critically analyse issues of professional conduct and the importance of client care;
- Evaluate critically the merits of a client’s legal position in relation to how to plead to a criminal charge and choice of trial venue and appealing against a conviction and/or sentence;
- Synthesise rules on law and procedure to present coherent and persuasive oral and written submissions to a court or tribunal.
Task: Bail application and advice
Task: Proof of Evidence and Memo
The English legal system
Criminal Law and Practice