Cultural Competency Essay Sample
Cultural Competency, Public Health.
Public Health Cultural Competency
Introduction (250 words)
Please write this part using academic and other type of references if his is the case This is only a guide of points to be covered in the introduction, if you have other ones to add, you are welcome.
- What is Cultural Competency?
- Any recommended approaches to Cultural Competency in the literature?
- Why is Cultural Competency an essential issue in many societies?
- How can any organisation become culturally competent?
- What is the relationship between Cultural Competency and Equality and Diversity?
- Why is Cultural Competency important for the equality and diversity strategy of any organisation?
- How is this remaining part of the essay organised?
Part A: Assessment of one strategy on Equality and Diversity of one health or social care organisation (500 words)
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the strategy
- (Remember you need to assess the strategy in its conceptual content using everything that you have learnt in the classroom about culture, language, communication, disability, religion, mental health, gender
- Keep in mind that the assessment IS NOT about how well the strategy as a document is written or how it looks or how well organised it is. In other words, the assessment is not about the document as such but the CONTENT of the strategy.
Part B: Assessment of one annual report of the same health or social care organisation in which they are reporting what they are doing in terms of equality and diversity (500 words):
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of ONLY ONE of the characteristics presented in the report,
- for example Gender or Ethnicity or Disability or Sexual orientation or age or religion
Please remember here also to use the different teaching sessions in class about culture, religion, disability, ethnicity, gender, age.